- Working hours: Library is kept open on all working days from 9 am. to 8 pm. with issue and return up to 7 pm. On all second Saturdays and Sundays not forming part of public holidays, working hours are fixed as 10 am. to 4 pm. with issue and return up to 3 pm. There will be a warning bell 15 minutes before the closing of the library. Members shall leave the library 10 minutes before the closing of the library at the second bell. Monthly holidays will be displayed in the library and the website (www.library.cusat.ac.in)
- Members are required to sign in the gate register and deposit their bags/belongings at the entrance. Personal belongings are not permitted inside the Library. Library books, once issued, cannot be taken into the library except for returning at the counter. However, laptops/ personal books may be permitted for reference inside the library, after getting proper receipt from the Security Desk.
- Members are required to bring their Library ID Card to enter the Library and also to produce the same to the Security and Staff as and when asked for.
- Reservation: A member can reserve at a time as many number of books as he/she is eligible to borrow, provided they are issued out. Member will be informed by mail or phone if the email ID or phone number is provided in the application form as and when the book is ready for issue, which is to be collected within the period specified.
- Renewal : A book can be re-issued to the same person if there is no reservation for it. Not more than two consecutive renewals are permitted. Further renewal is not permitted at any cause. Renewals can be made over phone, or in person, on or before the due date.
- An overdue charge of 50ps. per day per book is levied from students and staff. An amount of Rs.1/- per day per book is levied from graduate members and institutional members. Damage or loss of books on loan shall be reported to the Librarian immediately. Borrowers are responsible for any damage or loss of books occurring during loan period. Any mark or mutilation on book will be considered as damage and will be dealt with accordingly.
- If a book is lost, the borrower must replace it with its latest edition. If the borrower is unable to replace the book, the current price plus 2/3rd penal charge will be levied from the borrower. If the books are out of print, the price will be fixed according to the discretion of the Librarian, taking into account the importance, demand and rarity of the book.
- The University Librarian is the final authority regarding cancellation of membership in extraordinary circumstances.
- NON-LIABILITY CLAIM: If a member has lost his/her borrower’s ticket or identity card issued from the library, he/she has to report the matter immediately to the University Librarian. If a member applies for withdrawal of membership/and or Non-Liability certificate, such applications will be kept pending till the expiry of one week for detailed verification of the library records. If no book is found issued against the borrower’s ticket, a non-refundable penalty of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for each lost borrower’s ticket and Rs.10/- for ID card will be collected from the member and he/she has to execute an indemnity bond.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library. Mobile phones should be kept in silent mode in the library.
- Food items are not permitted in the library.
- New arrivals will be notified in the library webpage.